A cold night and a warm fire
Movies and Popcorn
Fresh Sheets on a Soft Bed
Pilates and Nutrition
You read that right– Pilates and nutrition are one of life’s sweetest– and most rewarding– partnerships out there! You can’t out-exercise a bad diet, and you can’t only eat well despite being sedentary and hope for a wellness miracle. BOTH factors work together to create the greatest impact.
A recent study highlights JUST how good these two are together. The study assessed data from almost 350,000 participants over 10 years. It found that people who ate a high-quality diet, which included at least 4.5 cups of vegetables and fruits a day, and also had regular physical activity had the greatest reductions in risk of deathly illnesses. Overall physical activity, including walking, was associated with benefits, but vigorous activity that led to sweating was particularly protective against cardiovascular disease risk, even at just 10 to 75 minutes per week!
I recommend clients come in three times a week to get the most benefit from their Pilates routine, but you can see from the study that even if you can’t currently commit to three times a week, ANY movement is better than none.
Follow these tips to get the most wellness bang for your buck!
- Start with a private session if you’re new to Pilates, haven’t been to a Pilates class in a while, or desire more individualization in your session
- Schedule a duet session with a friend - working out with a buddy is shown to improve your results. It helps with accountability and keeps you engaged longer!
- Join in on a group session to mix things up and save BIG with our monthly membership ($225/month for unlimited sessions)
Struggling to get enough fruits and veggies in your day? Here are some creative ways to get your 4.5 cups/day:
- Add vegetables to your sauces
- Try veggie noodles in place of pasta
- Try a fruit or veggie-filled smoothie (spinach and avocado are good to add in!)
- Make a cauliflower pizza crust
A good rule of thumb is to make vegetables and fruits the MAIN dish on your plate. Soon enough, you will see the changes in the way your body functions and your overall feelings of well being!